Hide not your talents, they for use were made.
What's a sundial in the shade?
- Benjamin Franklin
Work (wûrk) as defined by The Free Dictionary and True North:
- Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something. True North creates opportunities for seniors to contribute to our larger community as volunteers, mentors and working professionals.
- A trade, profession, or other means of livelihood. Our location just outside Boston and the nearby Needham Heights T station make North Hill an ideal location for commuters.
- One's place of employment. Many of our new floor plans feature dens with abundant space for a home office or studio.
- Something that has been produced or accomplished through the effort, activity, or agency of a person or thing. As part of True North, both residents and team members have access to connections, training and resources to help them succeed.
- An artistic creation, such as a painting, sculpture, or literary or musical composition; a work of art. The halls of North Hill feature the vibrant sculptures, painting and textile arts of our residents. Schedule a tour today to see these exceptional pieces for yourself.
Redefining "Paper Work"
For most people, paper work is a nuisance. For Diana Tichner, it’s an art form.
After moving to North Hill, Diana was inspired to explore paper cutting, or "papier tolle." She found a teacher in the community (who happens to be in her 90s) and now creates intricate, beautiful art.
North Hill gives Diana a place to create beautiful works and to share her passion: paper arts.